Bath Question

Phelloid

Apr 6, 2024
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Michelle
How often is it ok to give my puppy a bath , we did Sunday but she really stinks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there, I wash mine in the summer only outside with the hose n a kiddie pool. Dogs need to keep there natural oils. Washing every week or monthly removes their body oils n next thing you know they have skin issues. I only use natural soap like Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile Peppermint Liquid Soap. You can use any pure Castile soap. Peppermint remove all residues, smells, dirt etc then I finish with fractionated coconut oil mix with lavender essential oil. I do use fragrance free baby wipes throughout the year to keep them clean.

4oz of FCO
15drops of Lavender
I buy quality oils like DoTerra online. Like that you know you’re getting the real deal n not mixed.

If it’s only for a smell issue quick clean with baby wipes n the fractionated coconut oil mix with lavender essential oil. It keeps the skin moisturized n bugs off the dog cause bugs don’t like lavender. It destroys their brain cells/neurons. Btw, I do use a mixture I make to keep mosquitos, ticks, fleas off the dogs. I’m on the holistic side n it totally works.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I don't give my dogs a bath unless they roll in something stinky. Luckily that is extremely rare! No skin problems and no smell.
Edited to add. Buster (that's him in my avatar) had one bath in the 3.5 years we had him.
Thinking back over the years, when I was growing up, our dogs, never had a bath either.

Last edited:

KillRbee18

Sep 6, 2023
Port Orchard WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny / Gun-guns
Gunny-SGT gets a hypoallergencic wipe down daily. Once in the morning and once in the evening before we turn in. From talking with the family, most will say he doesn’t even smell. Once a month, I do take him down to our local pet store to use their dog cleaning stations and yes I do it! I have read from many different sources that hygene for these types of dog is crucial. That is why he gets his teeth brush daily too. Knowing that I am trying my best to keep him clean makes me feel good. Living here in the Great Northwest, pollen is a monster and that is why I went to wiping him down in the evening (paws and all). My wife feels the same way, but it is very important to me that this task gets completed daily.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Rarely, sometimes before shows. Too many washings can quickly cause problems

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.