Flea and tick

Diesel11

Mar 19, 2024
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
My 10 month old is due for his 2nd dose of bravecto and been having reservations since im hearing all the negative effects of these meds. He did ok on first dose 3 months ago(was just tired) anyone have any natural remedies? Bear just basically just goes in backyard grassy area no woods unless we go to wisconsin 2x a year, thanks so much

Attachments

• IMG_7083.jpeg
    IMG_7083.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I stopped using all that stuff a few years ago.. same reason, they are never anywhere but our back yard. I use a mixture of neem/coconut oil.. spray on them and comb through before heading into yard. So far , all good.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 10 month old is due for his 2nd dose of bravecto and been having reservations since im hearing all the negative effects of these meds. He did ok on first dose 3 months ago(was just tired) anyone have any natural remedies? Bear just basically just goes in backyard grassy area no woods unless we go to wisconsin 2x a year, thanks so much
I do this………

Approx 1 cup of WH …..OR….. 1/2 WH n 1/2 cup Water

add these essential oils:

15 drops of each: Peppermint, Lavender, Lemongrass n Eucalyptus
10 drops of Tea Tree
Shake well

Also I do add pure lavender directly on the outside dog collar when mosquitoes are unbearable.

You can also spray on n comb in and add another fast spray without combing in.

Peppermint n Lavender are the key oils. Do use a high end oil like DoTerra online. They’re others out there that are quality. But if it says 100% pure or pure, most of the time they’re not. They’re just trying to twist words.