Bulldog Stories and Poetry

Sticky threads
Ode to Frank Author Biogirl71 From the moment we saw you, we knew you were the one. Right past us, into the kitchen did you run. As we left with you, panic set in. New parents we were, with nothing prepared, not even a pen. Knowing the decision we made could be nothing but right, This included keeping you out of our landlord’s sight. He will sleep in his kennel, is what mom and dad said. Even though just a few months later you were snoring in our bed. To the millions of pictures we post of you and take, All that is no comparison to the many different sounds you make. Not enough letters in your name to describe you and all the adventures we done. Know one thing though, Frank the Tank, you will always be our son.
THE BULLY EFFECT Author Bruno and Gidget Enter Bruno AKA Boo Boo, in the month of December 2010 6 months old you were, so soft, so calm Such a joy to be around This is the bully effect….. Through you puppy times, we fought on those stairs Long and hard Up and down we went No Boo Boo, no! But you were showing your stubborn side By taking me for a ride Now that you’re all grown up I think of these times so much This is the bully effect……. Enter Gidget AKA Gidgi, in the month of November 2012 8 weeks old you were, so loud, so cheeky Oh we thought, Such a joy to be around This is the bully effect…. Different to your big bro you are You were afraid of riding in the back of the car You eat like a pig, you crave to be touched Oh but we...
No Place Like Home Author MickisMom They discarded you like an old worn out shoe. I looked in your soulful eyes, so helpless and true You were coming home with me, yes I will take this sad girl. Your bulldog grin, your loving soul You soon became part of our crew. I fall more in love with you every day You're a part of my life forever to stay. My heart melts when I look in those bulldog eyes How anyone could give you up, you're perfect, I ask why. It breaks my heart to imagine what you went through But I am forever thankful you were their worn out shoe. Sophie you are my Ruby Red Slippers, Minola Blaniks, Jimmy Choo. Thank You for rescuing me!!!
Author Wilsons Mom My loyal companion, my little furry friend From early morning till nights end Excited to see me, he shows off his strut He waddles all over and wiggles his butt His smushed in face only a mother could love But Wilsons really a fur angel sent from above The snoring, the grunting, and all of the drool I wouldn't change any of it, I would be a fool The protruding jaw and teeth that bring fear When in reality, he's like a mini teddy bear Those big brown eyes that captured my heart And then there's always the continuous fart It's what makes him him, It's what I love most For this he deserves a bulldog toast Cheers to you my wrinkly four legged friend May this relationship never end I will love you and that face...
Author Diane Brizendine Slocum I sit and stare at the box and scream why why why The tears won't stop and all I do is cry I sit and stare at the box heart filled with love Wondering and dreaming that your watching from above I sit and stare at the box remembering you always by my side Oh the smiles you brought to others Fills this mommy with pride I sit and stare at the box I can feel you kiss my tears Then I listen closely........ "Mommy, Steve here....."
That Day Author Libra926 I close my eyes As I remember that day So much has happened So much left to say. I thought I was helping When I answered that call Never truly expecting How hard I would fall. The moment I saw you My heart skipped a beat "You're Gorgeous! Sweet Boy! Wow! Look at your feet!" Your eyes - so soulful Your heart so pure You are full of love This one thing I'm sure. You mean no harm You are just misunderstood Never having a home, on the brink of boyhood. You're skittish, you won't eat You're a scared little boy You perk up! You light up! Ah.... "Is this a treasured toy?" "A laser? You want this? Can you give me a kiss?" Excitement! So Joyous! You're in heavenly bliss! You jump and you play Like the puppy you...
Aubie Shuga-Booga Author AubreysMom Beans, beans, she's good for your heart… She snorts and farts and makes window nose-art. She hops and leaps and never silently sleeps. Shuga, shuga, It's the best part of the day when big bully kisses slob my way. The face, the foot, the couch, the bed her bully appetite is never fully fed. Silly goose, silly goose, bumping, smacking, and tossing her prey, Toys beware! Aubie Shug's ready to play! A bark, a paw, a growl, a wiggle, Throw it mom! Work, don't giggle! Aubie, Aubie, my sweet, shuga-booga, my beansy beans, my silly goose - Life without you would be worse than bully toots! You melt my wallet, my stress, my heart- I love you to pieces, sweetheart!
Just thought I would post this for all bully lovers, which we all are. Hope you, your family and of course your bullies have a wonderful Holiday Season. A Bulldogs 12 Days of Christmas On the first day of Christmas my bulldog gave to me The Santa topper from the Christmas tree. On the second day of Christmas my bulldog gave to me Two leaking bubble lights And the Santa topper from the Christmas tree. On the third day of Christmas my bulldog gave to me Three punctured ornaments Two leaking bubble lights And the Santa topper from the Christmas tree. On the fourth day of Christmas my bulldog gave to me Four broken window candles Three punctured ornaments Two leaking bubble lights And the Santa topper from the Christmas tree. On the...
Poem - BET YOU CAN'T OWN JUST ONE! Author unknown Why own an English Bulldog? There's a danger you know, You can't own just one, for the craving will grow. There's no doubt they're addictive, wherein lies the danger. While living with lots, you'll grow poorer and stranger. One bully is no trouble, and two are so funny. The third one is easy, the fourth one's a honey. The fifth one delightful, the sixth one's a breeze, You find you can live with a houseful with ease. So how 'bout another? Would you really dare? They're really quite easy but oh, Lord the hair! With bullies on the sofa and bullies on the bed, And crates in the kitchen, it's no bother you've said. They're really no trouble, their manners are great. What's just one more...