Spike&cookie

May 29, 2024
Ellesmere port. UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
Hi everyone,
I'm spike and my beautiful newly adopted bulldog is cookie.
I've joined this group for any advice and tips as cookie is sensitive to some foods or possibly environmental and itched lots when I adopted her 3 weeks ago.
She's been to the vet who gave her a 2 week course of apoquel which has helped virtually stop the itching.
I don't want to keep her on pills indefinitely if possible.
I am booking her in for allergy test and we are monitoring her types of food (I think chicken is a cause)
Is there any specific floor cleaner I could use to eliminate this possibility aswell?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Thank you.
Spike & cookie

Attachments

• 20240508_175752.jpg
    20240508_175752.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Welcome to EBN! Yes, chicken tends to be an issue if feeding kibble. Try duck or turkey protein.

Floor cleaner.. I use unscented Bona on wood flooring

Welcome to EBN…….

Yes, you don’t want to use apoquel too often as it does weak the immune system which you will have to rebuild. When apoquel, antibiotic's or any meds given, try to add a fermented product like sauerkraut in the refrigerator section or Kefir to the daily routine, approximately 35grams. Also raw liver as a topper on daily basis is fantastic. Loaded of minerals.

You can always wash your floors with vinegar and add a few drops of an essential oil you like. You can do the same in the rinse cycle when washing dogs beds/blankets.

1717028338101.jpeg

Welcome to EBN! Yes, chicken tends to be an issue if feeding kibble. Try duck or turkey protein.

Floor cleaner.. I use unscented Bona on wood flooring
Hi,
Thank you for your reply, tried her on turkey and she likes it 🤞 I've got unscented cleaner now, loving EBN so helpful and interesting.

Welcome to EBN…….

Yes, you don’t want to use apoquel too often as it does weak the immune system which you will have to rebuild. When apoquel, antibiotic's or any meds given, try to add a fermented product like sauerkraut in the refrigerator section or Kefir to the daily routine, approximately 35grams. Also raw liver as a topper on daily basis is fantastic. Loaded of minerals.

You can always wash your floors with vinegar and add a few drops of an essential oil you like. You can do the same in the rinse cycle when washing dogs beds/blankets.

View attachment 125449
Hi,
Brilliant tip, thank you.
We drink kefir ourselves every day 😃 I've tried her on lambs liver, I will try her on some beef liver next week to see if there are any differences.
Thank you very much 😊

Hi,
Brilliant tip, thank you.
We drink kefir ourselves every day 😃 I've tried her on lambs liver, I will try her on some beef liver next week to see if there are any differences.
Thank you very much 😊
Lamb liver is also good. Do both if you want. Add raw heart as toppers too. You can also give the raw trimmings when you’re cooking instead throwing them out fat n all. Raw bones with marrow are the best for cleaning the gut n teeth. Don’t forget these extra’s are consider as their meal portions. 👍

Lamb liver is also good. Do both if you want. Add raw heart as toppers too. You can also give the raw trimmings when you’re cooking instead throwing them out fat n all. Raw bones with marrow are the best for cleaning the gut n teeth. Don’t forget these extra’s are consider as their meal portions. 👍
Will do 👍 thanks for your help 😃

Hi everyone,
I'm spike and my beautiful newly adopted bulldog is cookie.
I've joined this group for any advice and tips as cookie is sensitive to some foods or possibly environmental and itched lots when I adopted her 3 weeks ago.
She's been to the vet who gave her a 2 week course of apoquel which has helped virtually stop the itching.
I don't want to keep her on pills indefinitely if possible.
I am booking her in for allergy test and we are monitoring her types of food (I think chicken is a cause)
Is there any specific floor cleaner I could use to eliminate this possibility aswell?
Many thanks in advance for any advice.
Thank you.
Spike & cookie
Welcome Spike and Cookie! I don't have much advice; I too am a new Olde English Bulldog owner (Aug will be 1 year).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back