Biting

Cdebhie

Jun 15, 2024
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Vera Anne Kemper
Vera is starting a nasty habit. Come evening, she starts biting us.... atms, hands, feet, any available limb. And it hurts. I speak toher emphatically and boot her outside. Then she comes in and starts again. I know she's tired, but has been fed. It's too hot fit walks now. Suggestions???

Vera is starting a nasty habit. Come evening, she starts biting us.... atms, hands, feet, any available limb. And it hurts. I speak toher emphatically and boot her outside. Then she comes in and starts again. I know she's tired, but has been fed. It's too hot fit walks now. Suggestions???
How old is Vera and why is she tired? Oh wait she the one that was adopted. Did the adoption place give you a history of Vera?

My one year old Frenchie is doing this too… I take him potty and put him to bed when he starts. A few times he went in his crate because he was redirecting into our other Frenchie. He still does it but when I now say ‘no bite’ he stops

How old is Vera and why is she tired? Oh wait she the one that was adopted. Did the adoption place give you a history of Vera?
Vera is brand new. Five and a half months. We're her only owners.
She's tired because it's getting to be her bedtime. It amazes me she doesn't go to her bed and just fall asleep. Instead she does this crazy biting routine. Do you think it's a dominance issue?

She was spayed last week. Thought that might help. Jury it's still out on that one..

My one year old Frenchie is doing this too… I take him potty and put him to bed when he starts. A few times he went in his crate because he was redirecting into our other Frenchie. He still does it but when I now say ‘no bite’ he

My one year old Frenchie is doing this too… I take him potty and put him to bed when he starts. A few times he went in his crate because he was redirecting into our other Frenchie. He still does it but when I now say ‘no bite’ he stops
how old are you're Frenchies? Do you think this is a puppy thing that will pass? I wish vera would stop when we say no bite. I think she thinks it's a fun game. Ouch! It's not!

how old are you're Frenchies? Do you think this is a puppy thing that will pass? I wish vera would stop when we say no bite. I think she thinks it's a fun game. Ouch! It's not!
Spaying won’t help that issue. She’s only 5 1/2 months old so it’s the famous puppy stage then it's going to be the teenager stage. I know right?

What always worked for me is as soon as the pup starts running towards you to bite, I would grabbed the collar n put them down on their side, hold the collar n neck with one hand the other on their side leg, with a firm “NO. Leave them in that position for a couple minutes. Their body will let go n relax then let go. At that age you can’t have conversations or long sentences as they don’t register just yet. Keep it short with one or two words. Sometimes what also helps is have a toy ready to divert them to the toy.

Spaying won’t help that issue. She’s only 5 1/2 months old so it’s the famous puppy stage then it's going to be the teenager stage. I know right?

What always worked for me is as soon as the pup starts running towards you to bite, I would grabbed the collar n put them down on their side, hold the collar n neck with one hand the other on their side leg, with a firm “NO. Leave them in that position for a couple minutes. Their body will let go n relax then let go. At that age you can’t have conversations or long sentences as they don’t register just yet. Keep it short with one or two words. Sometimes what also helps is have a toy ready to divert them to the toy.
Thanks so much. That's great advice. We haven't had a pup in a long time and one forgets. I don't remember it being this difficult with our boxer. But the kids were around then. Thanks again

I had this problem with my Cane Corso pup. I would yelp anytime he would bite and within a week he stopped doing it. I think this is one of the natural responses to know they are hurting you.

I had this problem with my Cane Corso pup. I would yelp anytime he would bite and within a week he stopped doing it. I think this is one of the natural responses to know they are hurting you.

Thanks. We tried yelping and it worked for a short time. It might be time to try it again.

Chelios is 13 and Cubby is 1. Yes, it is a game to the dog.. it is how they play with each other. As others suggested.. give a loud yip or ouch.

Thanks. We tried yelping and it worked for a short time. It might be time to try it again.
Also, turn your back to them and ignore till they settle down, that can help as well

It's really annoying and ambaracing infront of other people.
What are the best strategies for addressing separation anxiety in dogs.
Means training techniques, environmental adjustments or calming_aids?

It's really annoying and ambaracing infront of other people.
What are the best strategies for addressing separation anxiety in dogs.
Means training techniques, environmental adjustments or calming_aids?
On Youtube there are sites that plays a variety of dog music. I know there's a separation anxiety spot. We always turn it on when we leave Vera home alone. I think it helps.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back