Raw Shrimp

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
Can I feed my dog raw shrimp? I thought I could but then when I google it, everyone is saying no.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You can feed shirmp-but not raw. Remove the shell and de-vein the shrimp, and cook it. Don't give more than like 3 shrimps. I'd start with one if Hilde never had it. @marshall351

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I love shrimps. But like all my fish n seafood i always triple check it’s wild caught only. Being in the food industry we see n hear stuff. I can guarantee you one thing, ANYTHING from Asian waters stay away from it‼️ I’ve seen a documentary on China when they go shrimp fishing. The whole boat was full of shrimps. Like jamming shrimps everywhere. These boats stays at sea for a week or so. Hidden camera, Shrimps were basically dying n what these fishermen did is take big scoops of antibiotics n threw it on the shrimps. Buckets full of antibiotics. Why I suggest Wild caught only. But that’s me.

This might help you…..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I never even thought of shrimp as an option.... interesting info. thanks

PigDogLucky

Jul 28, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
PigDogLucky
I would not make it a diet.

Given shrimp are very high in cholesterol as well as very rich type of food. And given you have to cook it. I would mainly suggest boiling. And no seasoning. Garlic onion and seasoning. Is not good. And has a type of effect on dogs that isn’t good.

Lastly never ever ever give any dog a grape or raisin.

Literally shuts down their body and almost immediate death.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online