Lawsuit regarding DCM and Dog food

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
There has been much debate over the past few years about whether grain free foods are responsible for DCM. There is now a huge lawsuit ($2.6 Billion) against those involved, the big dog food companies and Hills in particular for spreading those "findings". It makes very interesting reading. You can read the actual filing at Ketonatural Pet Foods, DCM lawsuit.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Wow, I knew it was a hit job from the first time I read about DCM and grain free. Didnā€™t figure it was Hills. Always thought it was Purina. I did not read the entire suit yet but wouldnā€™t be surprised if Purina was mentioned and wouldnā€™t be surprised if Purina knew what was going on and green lighted the farceā€¦supporting it in some fashion.
Disgusting.

TY for posting this!

Last edited:
OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow, I knew it was a hit job from the first time I read about DCM and grain free. Didnā€™t figure it was Hills. Always thought it was Purina. I did not read the entire suit yet but wouldnā€™t be surprised if Purina was mentioned and wouldnā€™t be surprised if Purina knew what was going on and green lighted the farceā€¦supporting it in some fashion.
Disgusting.
Disgusting.

TY for posting this!
Yes. Totally agree. It was all too convenient as a way to knock down the "boutique" companies. I swear I read somewhere in this lawsuit that emails were found via FOIA showing collusion between the companies, but I can't find it now. Maybe I was dreaming!
I haven't stopped feeding grain free because it never sat right with me.
All I can say is I hope they win!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Yes. Totally agree. It was all too convenient as a way to knock down the "boutique" companies. I swear I read somewhere in this lawsuit that emails were found via FOIA showing collusion between the companies, but I can't find it now. Maybe I was dreaming!
I haven't stopped feeding grain free because it never sat right with me.
All I can say is I hope they win!
Same here!! Ellie has been Grainfree since puppyhood! Thank you for posting this, Hoping I get sometime to look at it.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I read somewhere in this lawsuit that emails were found via FOIA showing collusion between the companies, but I can't find it now. Maybe I was dreaming!
It was somewhere within the first 34 pages...cuz I saw it too. Haven't yet had a chance to read further, but I will.
The level of detail and "layman's terms" context within the suit is staggering...in a great way!
If this suit finds for the plaintiffs, there could very well be criminal charges forthcoming.

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
It was somewhere within the first 34 pages...cuz I saw it too. Haven't yet had a chance to read further, but I will.
The level of detail and "layman's terms" context within the suit is staggering...in a great way!
If this suit finds for the plaintiffs, there could very well be criminal charges forthcoming.
I signed up for the updates on this. It will be an interesting case as it's a David and Goliath type thing.

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
Question Who uses this dog food what is your opinion thanks

Attachments

• 8849EBFA-8580-4648-8045-8429E9EFB504.png
    8849EBFA-8580-4648-8045-8429E9EFB504.png
    384.1 KB · Views: 5

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Question Who uses this dog food what is your opinion thanks
Iā€™m cannot speak to who feeds this food. I see that this particular formula has chicken and that enough for me to avoid it. Chicken and Beef are the 2 most problematic proteins that we know ofā€¦allergy-wise.